Tired of living with an old, outdated kitchen? Perhaps you would like to update your kitchen to speed up the sale of your home. There are many options available when it comes to remodeling your kitchen, including replacing, refinishing, and painting your cabinets. However, I would like to suggest you 6 great reasons to remodel those kitchen cabinets.
- Affordability: The average cost to remodel a kitchen will be between $ 3,500 and $ 6,500, depending on the size of the kitchen. The average cost to replace a kitchen starts at around $ 20,000 to $ 40.00. The reason is simple, the siding makes use of your old structurally sound cabinets. Why tear out perfectly good cabinets and replace them with perfectly good ones? The truth is, your old cabinets are often better built than your current cabinets. This is one of the reasons that refacing was a great idea 35 years ago and is still going strong today.
- Options: With cabinet siding, you can choose from any door style and material on the market today. Solid wood doors come in over 230 stain colors for each wood species. Another door option is rigid thermoplastic (rigid vinyl bonded to ultra-density fibreboard). Door knobs and handles also come in a wide variety. Old cabinet boxes will look new again, once covered with 1/4-inch veneer (real wood) to match your doors and drawers. You will also have the option of adding additional cabinets or taking a large single cabinet and converting it to a double cabinet. When renovating your kitchen, you may want to consider adding new countertops or an island. Enjoy the extras you’ve always wanted, like a Lazy Susan, space savers, spice racks, and pull-outs. With the money you’ll save by renovating, you can choose to buy some new appliances. If you need help visualizing your kitchen, there are hundreds of before and after photos of your kitchen remodel directly on the web. Kitchen remodeling magazines can give you great ideas on what the best door and color options would be for your kitchen.
- Fast: Cabinet lining can be done on average in 2-4 days. Doors and drawer fronts are sprayed and prepped ahead of time, delivered to your kitchen, and hung. Unlike painting or refinishing your cabinets, refinishing will not leave toxic fumes in your home. Choosing to add additional cabinets or an island does not necessarily lengthen your average renovation time. On the other hand, if you choose to replace your cabinets, it will be a huge and expensive undertaking that could take a month or more to complete.
- No mess: With cabinet siding, you will still be able to access your kitchen during the siding process – now, that’s hard to beat! Your kitchen won’t be littered with sawdust, debris, and anything else that a complete kitchen remodel will leave you with. Once the coating is complete in 2-4 days, your kitchen is clean and ready to go.
- Transformation: Kitchen cladding is such an amazing transformation in a very short period of time. Your kitchen will look and feel like new, no one can say it was remodeled. After all, the doors, handles, trim and countertops are brand new and the existing cabinet boxes have been covered to match your doors and drawer fronts.
- Longevity: Repaired cabinets will last as long as new cabinets and will easily withstand up to 20 years of normal wear and tear. Any repairs that are necessary for your repaired cabinets are usually minor and very simple to repair. In most cases, rectifiers offer a 5-year warranty.
These are 6 great reasons to update those kitchen cabinets when you decide to remodel your kitchen.