The signs and symptoms of a rebellious spouse or partner can be very subtle and hard to spot, or obvious and blatant.
1. Your Spouse suddenly becomes very interested in new music, when he or she has never shown an interest before.
2. You notice your spouse or partner commenting on a movie, you know you didn’t watch it together; like “Yeah, that was awesome” or “That movie sucked so much”, “Oh, I love the part when…”
3. Your man who has a disdain for doing laundry suddenly loves doing his own laundry; That said, he also seems to schedule his laundry soon after he gets home.
4. The classic lipstick on the collar or other parts of his shirt. Pay attention also to the unexplained shine.
5. Another obvious red flag is the smell of another man’s or woman’s cologne or perfume on clothing or hair.
6. Sex techniques and styles suddenly become extremely different and foreign to you. I’m talking outside the norm here. They may find themselves in positions they’ve never done together before, or be asked to do things they’ve never been asked to do before.
7. Sex itself can take unexpected turns with regards to frequency. Your wayward spouse may suddenly request more sex than her normal routine, or drastically refuse to want it at all.
8. Your partner’s mood has changed. You realize that he is now easily angered, quick to anger, or may deliberately fight you to justify leaving the house for a “thinking walk.”
9. You may notice that they suddenly keep their cell phones on silent and strapped to their bodies at all times; whereas before, the phone was kept on the ringer and placed safely and easily within easy reach somewhere within a room in the house.
10. You may notice that the cell phone is completely absent. He/she may be blocking the cell phone in the car entirely and not bringing it home at all.
11. Cell phone bills stop coming to the house altogether. When you look up the bill online, you see a pattern of the same number or numbers being called.
12. You had access to the mobile bill online, but the password has suddenly changed.
13. Homework and chores are neglected. You notice that your partner spends more time on the Internet or literally lounging on the couch with no interest in housekeeping. He/she is in a foggy state, thinking about the other person.
14. Time spent with family also decreases. Interest in weekend activities with you and the children, attendance at children’s sports games, time spent alone with you such as date nights, etc. are greatly reduced.
15. More and more sudden and unexplained “Business Trips” keep popping up on the agenda.
16. You notice that your partner has a drastic new interest in their appearance. You may notice a lot of new clothes, new colognes or perfumes, new haircuts, new shoes, new and different underwear being purchased.
17. You may also notice a sudden diet and exercise regimen. They may also have purchased a new gym membership to get in better shape.
18. You may notice that your internet browser history is always deleted. This is a big red flag to watch out for. Anyone who deletes everything from history has something to hide.
19. In fact, you may be accused of having an affair.
20. You notice that your partner talks and talks and talks continuously about a member of the opposite sex. He/she may even try to camouflage this person and claim that he/she is gay and there is nothing to worry about.
21. When you come face-to-face with your partner’s colleagues, you notice that they become sly and awkward in your company, often with very little to say or offering only nervous ramblings.
22. The same goes for mutual friends. If mutual friends suddenly feel awkward around you, chances are they know something’s up.
23. Use of new jargon terms. If your partner suddenly gets excited about a new form of language expression, when she has never said such words before, this is a sign and a red flag that she should pay attention to.
24. The mileage on the car does not match what it tells you is driving. If you notice a sudden upward or downward spiral of mileage in the car, there is likely a problem.
25. Suddenly you get a lot of hung up calls on your home phone; and along with this, the incoming number can be blocked from the caller end.
26. You’re suddenly left out of functions, like work parties or awards dinners; whereas before this, spouses or significant others were always welcome.
27. You find yourself suddenly inundated with unexplained gifts or offers of unusual spending sprees; they are usually not related to holidays, birthdays, etc. “Just because” gifts are nice and all, however, if your partner is usually stingy and frugal and suddenly showers you with impressive materialistic items, it may be due to feelings of guilt. You know your partner better than anyone, so if your spending on clothing suddenly skyrockets, that may be something to consider.
28. Your partner, who was once indifferent to your daily plans and activities, may suddenly make it a point to constantly ask about them. If your partner suddenly wants to know your detailed plans for a given day, such as what time you’ll be leaving home, places you’ll actually be, and what time you’ll be coming home, you may be making sure that the shoreline is clear for your own activities.
29. Your spouse, once a credit card spender with no available cash, suddenly has large sums of unaccounted for cash in their wallet.
30. Finding condoms in her purse or in her car when you’ve already had your tubes tied or are on the pill.
31. Finding male enhancement pills or viagra in your car or in your briefcase.
32. You notice on the cell phone bill that he/she is using a calling card frequently. Using a calling card on a cell phone prevents the phone company from recording the actual phone number dialed.
33. You are married, but your partner introduces you to new people (such as at a party or function) as his “first wife” or “first husband.”
34. Your partner, who doesn’t normally get a “Down There” manicure, suddenly starts waxing or shaving.
35. You start to notice the new habit of your partner leaving the wedding ring at home before going to work. This can be obvious and visible, such as in the bathroom; or you may accidentally find the ring hidden somewhere, like a cabinet. After he/she gets home, you notice that they put it back on. When faced with this problem, you’re likely to get a lame excuse like “The ring is too tight or it’s hurting me at work.”
36. You notice unaccounted-for scratches, hickeys, or bruises on delicate parts of your body, such as your neck, breasts, chest, or genital areas.
37. Notice on a group-signed (work-related) greeting/party card that someone of the opposite sex signs their name with a scribbled heart at the end or signs it “Love.”
38. You find a “Just Because” thank you card from a member of the opposite sex tucked in their briefcase, thanking them for the “Special Friendship” you have and thanking them for any “Help or Advice” they give; and that they cannot imagine life without them.
39. Items similar to unaccounted for gifts, such as special cufflinks, ties, colognes/perfume, lingerie/underwear, or jewelry appear in the home that you know you did not give to your spouse.
40. That nagging, haunting “feeling” that something isn’t right becomes constant and distracting. Instincts are rarely wrong.
41. You and your partner used to enjoy a flowing conversation, whereas now, at the end of the day, you are greeted with a murmured hello, followed by stale, stagnant conversations for the rest of the night. You notice that your partner has lost interest in sharing feelings, dreams and visions for your future together. You may literally find yourself sitting on the couch together all night with very little attention.
42. You may notice that the passenger side of the car is always refitted, which doesn’t fit your normal seating pattern; or you may find strands of hair that do not belong to you or your children inside the car.
43. You normally take family vacations together as a family, but he/she suddenly goes alone.
44. You get hit with a fit of rage by the most benign and innocent questions. You start walking on eggshells in bewilderment and are afraid to even approach your spouse with questions.
45. Your joint bank accounts suddenly have fewer deposits in them, or suddenly have large amounts of withdrawals; without your mutual consent.
46. You do a Google search on their name and discover a MySpace or Facebook account they didn’t tell you about. Along with this, he does a Google search for known screen names that they have used in the past and discovers that they belong to forums of a sexual nature.
47. Likewise, you pass his name or email address into a social media search engine and find him belonging to places you never knew about.
48. You discover a secret post office box that they have rented. Along with this, you may notice incoming bills, especially credit card bills that no longer appear at your home address. Also note that bills may be mailed directly to your office rather than to your home.
49. You were once free to go back and forth on your home computer only to discover that your spouse has set up a password-sensitive security system that you can no longer access. He/she can create dual accounts on the same PC, but her/his own account may suddenly become inaccessible.
50. You notice that he/she has set up a remote desktop location account on the PC and is accessing another computer entirely from home.